Thursday, November 3, 2011

Date Night

Last Friday night was our weekly "date night."  I realized that after Ryan broke his leg, we never really started exploring Denver again.  So I thought, why not start exploring again now?  Well, for one it has gotten really cold outside this month... but I'm trying to not let that stop me! As it was my turn to "pick" our date night activities I decided to explore 13th Street in an area called Capitol Hill. We've driven through it many times and I've always noticed how many cute unique shops there are along that stretch and I've always wanted to check them out.  So we bundled up and headed out to Capitol Hill.  We walked past odd boutiques, bars, salons, restaurants, tattoo shops, used clothing stores, music stores, a yoga studio, etc.



We decided to stop by the Denver's ridiculously large central library to pick up our library cards. I am so excited about this as I have decided that the library is going to be my new favorite place... because guess what?  I can now learn ANYTHING I want to and it doesn't and most likely wont have anything to do with health care. But they were closed. Damn. We should have known better, after all it was Friday night.

The Lib.

So we ventured the opposite direction up 13th, as we had already seen one side and all it had to offer. We stopped at a place called Pub on Penn for a couple of drinks and some chips and salsa.  We watched a little bit of baseball and then headed out.


Ryan had planned to take me to a little bar in LoDo which is in downtown Denver.  It is kind of like Bricktown in Oklahoma City, geared towards the young drinking, hooking up, crazy crowd.  However, LoDo is probably 3 times the size and usually we try 3 times harder to avoid that area.  But this place is cool, if you get there early enough to avoid the crazy crowd.  It is called 1up and it is full of video games, pinball, skee ball, jenga, and of course drinks!  We had a great time at a 4 player pac-man battle table, playing gigantic jenga, and multiple old school games.  We enjoyed classy Colt 45 beers and laughed the night away. 




JENGA!

2 comments: